Monday, September 12, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Soap! Yummy!

Well I don't know how it's been in your neck of the woods, but around here it's been getting cooler, which has put me in the mood for fall. I'm dreaming of crisp cool days and nights, bonfires, fresh apple cider, beautiful trees, and best of all- Pumpkin Pie.

This is what makes it awesome. ;)

We're not QUITE there yet, but I'm ready for it, which gave me the idea for this soap. I made it with actual Pumpkin Puree that I put up in my freezer last year, and added some organic cinnamon leaf essential oil, a little ground nutmeg, and a tiny bit of ginger. Ohhh, it smells wonderful!

In the mold....

This is the first of a few fall themed soaps I plan to add to my Etsy shop this fall. =) I'm excited about the new additions!


Cut into bars and curing on the counter! =) 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

12 comments:

  1. I am also looking forward to the cool days of fall! {though we may have to wait a while yet...}

    Your pumpkin soap sounds so... wonderful! I love the smell of pumpkin and spices... :)

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Those soaps look good enough to eat!!

    It is getting a little chillier around here, but we still have our hot days, too. :) I'm looking forward to fall, though. It is my favorite season! ;)

    I'm now following your blog!!! :)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Fall, too, Britt! The soap looks delicious! We'll have to get some from ya when it's finished. :-)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brittany! I just thought I'd drop by and let you know that your giveaway is happening now at my blog.. in case you wanted to let your followers know about it or something. :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, I just found your blog and post on the pumpkin soap. It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through a giveaway. Great Etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your shop today and I love it! I love handmade soaps and would love to try them all:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, that sounds delightful! I love the smell of pumpkin. I actually grew some cooking pumpkins this year, I think I might try and make my very own homemade pumpkin pie! Love your soap and your shop! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I love anything that has that spicy sweet scent of pumpkin! I bet these are great! Do you still have them on your Etsy shop?

    -Lissa
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very helpful blog!i love pumpkin too and the rest of it.:)maybe soon we can try candle out of pumpkin..:D

    Handmade Soy Candles

    ReplyDelete